Welcome back to campus! Here at Symmetry we’re gearing up for another exciting year of creating, communicating and collaborating and we’re looking for another student to join our team.
Are you interested in improving your writing and editing skills while collaborating with other students, faculty and professionals? Are you looking for a way to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom and help other students to do the same? If so, we are looking for one motivated public relations or communications student in their second or third year to join our team as an editor.
The main responsibilities of the editors are:
- Writing and editing submissions for Symmetry
- Recruiting and supporting student writers
- Learning to use WordPress
- Managing social media accounts to engage with readers and writers
- Creating online and print promotional materials using Canva and/or Photoshop
- Attending weekly (virtual) team meetings
More information about Symmetry is available here.
If you’re interested in joining our team please email us the following:
- A writing sample
- A short explanation (approximately 200-350 words) about why you are interested in joining the editorial team and what you would like to accomplish.
The application deadline is Friday, September 16, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
If you are interested in getting involved but are not able to commit to joining the team as an editor, don’t forget we are always looking for article submissions and anyone can contribute. Our publishing schedule for Fall 2016 is now available and our first deadline for submissions is Friday, September 16, 2016 at 10 p.m.
If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Your 2016-2017 editors,
Anastasia, Danielle, and Karlea